Here are the steps to reboot your Google Nexus phone in recovery mode:
- Turn off your phone by pressing the power key for a while and tapping on Power Off.
- After the phone is off, press the physical volume down button + power button together to start the phone.
The phone will start into bootloader. You will see a black screen with the Android mascot lying down and its hood open. You will also see some text on the bottom. The touch screen is not usable.
- Use the volume up and down key to cycle through the options. Highlight the option that says Recovery mode.
- Press the power button to enter.
You will again come across a smaller version of the Android mascot lying on its back. You will see an error sign and the text under it will read No command.
- Press the power button, hold it and then press the volume up button.
- Reboot system now
- Reboot to bootloader
- Apply update from ADB
- Apply update from SD card
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition
- Mount /system
- View recovery logs
- Power off