When you allow Chrome tabs to mix with the apps, and if there are a lot of apps and tabs open, then it will take some time for you to find the right tab or app, and switch into it. Additionally, apps can be opened by tapping on their icon from the home screen or the app drawer. But the problem is that: If you have to switch to an open tab, you will have to navigate through everything that is open until you find the right one.
So, I do not prefer the idea of merging tabs and apps, and here is the simple method to turn it off and make it a lot cleaner:
- Open your Chrome browser.
- In the top right, hit the three dots for bringing up the options.
- Choose Settings from the drop down.
- Tap on Basics > Merge tabs and apps.
- Tap on the slider to move it towards the left, so that it says Off.