This call blocking or rather call avoiding feature comes as a part of the Contact app. If you open Contact, tap on someone to expand the information and edit it, then you will see an extra option that states “All calls to voicemail”. The feature was always present in a number of vanilla Android builds and you will see it in the latest Android if you have a phone like the Nexus 6P or even Nexus 5X. How other device manufacturers apply this feature is totally on their end so we can’t speak for all the Android phones.
Here are the detailed steps to simply block calls using Android Marshmallow on phones like Nexus 6P:
- From your app drawer, tap on the app that says Contacts.
- Find and tap on a contact that you want to block.
- Click on the pencil like icon from the top right to edit the contact.
- In the top right corner, you will see the three dots option menu which you have to tap.
- Check the option that says All calls to voicemail.
- Save your edit.