If you are suspicious about an app, then you might want to take a look at the permissions that you have given to it. Permissions cannot be manually selected or given to an app. But you have the choice of uninstalling or cancelling the installation if you think mobile apps are asking for unnecessary permissions. You can also view the permissions that you have given to previously installed Android apps. For that you will have to go to your Android Settings > Apps > Downloaded > App Name > Permissions.
Here are the detailed steps for you to view permissions that you have provided to previously installed Android apps:
- Go to Android Settings (your main phone settings).
- Scroll down and tap on apps.
- In the downloaded tab, find the app that you'd like to view the permission for.
- Tap on the name of the app, to view its details.
- Scroll down to permissions and you will be able to view the details.