For those of you that do not know what Mi Market is, it is an alternative to the Google Play Store but it contains a large number of Chinese apps and games. It has been developed by Xiaomi which is a popular Chinese electronics manufacturer. The unique store ships with their smartphones and tablets. Luckily for us, we can use the APK file to make it work in any Android device.
To install Xiaomi's Android app market or Mi Market in any Android phone or tablet from the official source, follow these steps:
- Open http://app.mi.com/appDownload in your browser.
- Press the link in the middle of the page that points to http://app.mi.com/getAppstoreApkUrl.
Here's the QR Code to access the same link.
- MiMarket.apk (or com.xiaomi.market_R.1.4.5.apk or something similar) file will be downloaded.
- Open it and install it in your Android device. After installation, run Xiaomi Market to access apps from a completely different app store.
- You should allow installation of apps from unknown sources to install an apk file. This option is available as Android Settings > Security > Unknown sources. Learn how to enable app installation from unknown sources in detail.
- Xiaomi Market features apps targeted primarily towards Chinese audiences. Expect a lot of apps to be in Chinese.
- Xiaomi app market is also able to handle updates for your already installed Android apps.
- If you want to use their mobile site instead then visit http://m.app.mi.com/ and browse the apps individually in your web browser. You can even translate the page in Google Chrome.