Hangout app in mobile devices can be used to share pictures as well. All shared pictures are stored automatically and privately in Google Photos. It is true that you can use the options present in the app to save photos in your phone. But it is also possible to access those shared photos from other devices like a PC.
To access photos shared in Google Hangouts:
- Go to http://photos.google.com or http://plus.google.com/photos using your internet browser.
- Log in using your Google account that you use for Hangouts. You will be presented with highlights of different photos that you store across several Google services.
- Go to the tab that says "Albums". You can usually access it from More > Albums.
- All the albums that you have in Google photos will be displayed. Your hangout album begins with the name Hangout: . Albums will have names such as Hangout: Your Name ● Friend Name.
- If you have many albums stored, you can simply type #Hangouts in the "Search for your photos" input box and then click on search. Only your saved Hangout albums will be displayed in the search results.