Some Android phones have developer options natively turned on. It is found in the "Settings" of Android devices usually under the "System" heading as "Developer options". But most devices these days have this feature turned off or hidden by default. A normal user would not require this option but for developers, it is easily possible to turn it on.
To turn on developer options in Android phone
- Go to Settings (the main settings of your phone from where you can set date and time, sound, display settings).
- Scroll to the bottom and click on "About phone".
- In the list displayed, find the heading called "Build number". It is usually at the bottom of the list.
- Tap on "Build number" seven times. (Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap Tap)
- Developer options is turned on. You will find it in the Settings (the previous menu) usually right above "About phone".
To disable and hide "Developer option" from settings menu
- Go to Settings (the main settings of your phone).
- Under the "Device" heading you will find "Apps". Click on it. You will be shown Downloaded, Running and All apps.
- Move to the "All" apps tab.
- Scroll below to find and click on the app that says "Settings".
- Click on the button that says "Clear data". Click "OK" on the confirmation.
- The "Developer options" item will now be removed from the settings.